Mobility offers businesses unprecedented opportunities to improve performance and gain a competitive edge. With the right mobile capabilities in place, staff can better engage with customers, boost productivity, streamline collaboration and increase revenue.
However, mobility also presents complex operational challenges that can overwhelm IT and business leaders. As more employees use more devices to access data more frequently, costs can skyrocket. Exposure to security and compliance risks can grow unabated. And employees can become frustrated as application performance deteriorates and they find themselves unable to access the resources they need to do their jobs.
These problems typically arise because mobility is still relatively new for most businesses. Without the necessary experience, expertise and skills, it’s easy to make mistakes that undermine return on investment.
Fortunately, companies can tap third-party experts to optimize mobility initiatives with minimal headaches. Here are six advisory services to consider:
- Strategy and Policy Development: most companies allow mobility to evolve in an ad hoc manner as employees and departments request various capabilities. But without a true mobility policy that clearly defines an organization’s goals and concerns, it’s difficult for these initiatives to succeed. The right partner can aid in strategic policy development, drawing on lessons learned from other engagements.
- Project Planning: companies often engage with partners because they have a specific requirement or upgrade they need to execute, such as boosting onsite Wi-Fi coverage or rolling out a new network. A partner can help define the necessary deliverables and make informed vendor and product recommendations.
- Operations: mobile initiatives run more smoothly when processes are in place to get devices into users’ hands quickly. A service provider can apply best practices to streamline device ordering, provisioning, configuration, policy-based imaging, device tagging and etching and other tasks that enable the mobile workforce.
- Management and Security: the mobile management and security market has been in flux for years — presenting decision-makers with a confusing alphabet soup of options for mobile device management, mobile applications management, mobile content management and mobile expense management. By tapping into third-party insight, companies can cut through this confusion and implement solutions that mitigate risk in a cost-effective manner.
- Support and Self-Service: conventional IT support practices do not translate well to the mobile world because the technology is so different and users are often on the road when they need help. A knowledgeable mobile support specialist can provide valuable assistance in setting up help desk and self-service tools that minimize the burden on IT staff.
- App Development and Delivery: the ultimate goal of mobility is to arm people with the applications, data and other resources they need to do their jobs quickly and effectively regardless of location. A consultant can help provide mobile-friendly digital workspaces and custom-developed apps.
By teaming up with a partner who knows the ropes, businesses can reap the benefits of mobility faster and with less risk and cost. Find out more about how to support a mobile workforce every step of the way. Reach out below.