There should be no doubt in anyone’s mind that mobile devices have found their way into every aspect of our personal lives and becoming integral for corporate communications and efficiency. According to Cisco’s IBSG 2012 Horizons Report, knowledge workers will carry over 3 connected devices by 2014. Am Law’s 2012 Tech Survey reported data security is a chief concern for 82% of law firms when considering BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and Trend Micro/Decisive Analytics reports almost half (46.5%) of companies supporting user owned devices have experienced a security breach attributed to a user device.
So what are your options for a Mobile Strategy?
- Don’t allow mobile devices – This can be extremely secure, but is an unrealistic approach and will leave your users unhappy and looking for ways to circumvent your restrictions or locate a new employer to work for.
- Allow unmanaged device access – This is the most flexible option for your users, but it leaves IT without any oversight and unable to secure your data and network.
- 3. Invest in a Mobile Device Management (MDM) Solution – At last count there were 75 companies who proclaimed they offered some sort of Mobility Solution. By discovering your needs, CDW can tailor a solution that aligns with your organizational goals and requirements.
CDW conducts research, partners with and supports solutions from the industry’s leading MDM vendors. Many of these vendors also have solutions to address Mobile Application Management (MAM) and Telecom Expense Management (TEM).
What are the benefits of a Mobile Device Management Solution?
- Mobile devices act as connected offices, serving users everything from email, secure documents, dictations and note taking capabilities, to allowing users to increase collaboration and remain productive even when away from their desks.
- While managing mobile devices, an organization can enforce secure data and access policies that assist in maintaining government compliance.
- Many MDM solutions will also assist with secure Mobile Application Management. This will add the direct routing of secure data through your organization’s approved managed applications without the need of a total device standard.
“Capabilities of Mobile Device Management solutions are expanding exponentially, thanks in part to rapidly evolving mobile operating systems”, says Crystal Montvid Mobility Solution Architect for CDW. “This is leading to a higher rate of adoption of these solutions within organizations.”
Organizations that cannot realize the importance of a Mobile Device Management Solution will:
- continue to fall behind
- miss out on the benefits provided from mobile adoption in the workplace
- struggle to keep up with competitors who are better able to accommodate the needs of their employees and service their clients effectively.
So, are you are going to get engaged, help enhance your company’s strategy and get their mobile devices under control with a solution that provides data security and a friendly user environment?